You can become a member of SD Canada with a minimum annual donation of $20. We encourage you to give what you are able, and we invite you to join us to support this important work!
Donations can be made online, using our secure Paypal account. Please read and choose from our “Ways to Give” section below.
If you prefer, you can send a cheque or money order by mail to:Susila Dharma Canada
572 rue Empire
Greenfield Park, Quebec
SD Canada will acknowledge all donations by sending a charitable donation tax receipt yearly (for donations made within Canada). Our charitable tax number is 0798132-09.
Ways to Give
Donations to our General Fund will help us to meet all of our project needs as well as to provide emergency disaster relief when necessary. A small percentage of money raised also helps us to maintain our core operations.
If you would like to donate to a specific project, please click on this link above and select the project’s fund from the drop down list on the next page. We would like to suggest that donations be made to our General Fund whenever possible to allow us to reach all of our fundraising goals.
Your gift to Susila Dharma can remember a birthday, an anniversary, a life remembered or other important events. We will send a card of thanks to the person or family receiving the gift and a tax receipt to the donor if within Canada. To arrange a commemorative thank you card, please contact us.
You can name SD Canada as a beneficiary in your will or an insurance policy. We suggest you seek legal advice on how to do this within tax and charitable laws. Please contact us to discuss this option further.
Donor Bill of Rights
(Approved by members in August 2007)
To assure that the actions of our SD International Association merit the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in our nonprofit organizations and the projects they are asked to support, we are committed to providing all donors with these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured that their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given. Where this is not possible, we will inform and consult with the donor.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition (or alternatively respect for their confidentiality and wish to remain anonymous).
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by the law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization, or hired solicitors.
- To be assured that their privacy will be respected and their personal information will not be shared with any other organizations.